Just 10 miles from downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena offers easy access to LA Airports, hotels to fit any budget and walkable shopping, theaters, museums and gardens. Recently names “Best Arts Town” by sunset Magazine, Pasadena is considered one of the most culturally rich and artfully layered cities in the US. Pasadena provides the rare opportunity to host more personalized meetings with all the benefits of a big city.
Our goal is to provide tools and assistance to you throughout the planning process and offer the following resources.
For more information, email Amanda Westervelt, Destination Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official Pasadena Visitor Guide
- The Official Pasadena Visitors’ Guide showcases attractions, dining, hotels and city highlights. Two editions available: Summer OR Winter.
- Meeting Planner Guide
- The Meeting Planner Guide provides an overview of the city of Pasadena in addition to the specifications of the Convention Center, Conference Center and 8 partnering hotels.
- Pasadena At A Glance Guide
- Showcases a quick view of Pasadena including a comprehensive map.
From fascinating architectural tours to fabulous food tastings, Pasadena offers a myriad of unique experiences for your corporate or group event.
- Brookside Golf & Country Club
- Features two 18- hole championship courses nestled in the foothills near the Rose Bowl. Custom group packages include golf and meals.
- Rose Bowl Tours
- This exclusive opportunity grants you behind-the-scenes access to the original 1922 locker room, press boxes, playing field and more.
- Melting Pot Food Tours
- A lively walking tour featuring food tastings at Old Pasadena cafes, shops and eateries.
- Old Pasadena Walking Tour
- Discover Pasadena’s significant architecture, grand estates, movie locations, cultural landmarks and famous residences.
- Pasadena Bike & Hike
- Why not enjoy Pasadena’s temperate climate and picturesque scenery by bicycle? Roll though town on your choice of Bike & Hike excursions.
- Norton Simon Museum
- Private tour options for the museum known around the world as one of the most remarkable private art collections ever assembled, collections and gardens provide a unique and intimate way to experience art.
- Huntington Library
- Enjoy a docent-led walking tour, download free and informative audio tours, get a glimpse of the gardens before your visit with our virtual tours, or simply enjoy a free garden tour.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- All tours commonly include a multimedia presentation on JPL entitled “Journey to the Planets and Beyond,” which provides an overview of the Laboratory’s activities and accomplishments.
- *identification and application required for all tours
- Santa Anita Park (Race Track)
- Experience some of the most prominent horse racing events at, what is considered, one of the world’s most beautiful race track.
DINING IN PASADENA
Waves of pioneering chefs in search of the next culinary hot spot have set up shop in Pasadena, raising the city’s epicurean offerings to the top of the restaurant ranks. With 650+ eateries, Pasadena boasts more restaurants per capita than New York City. No wonder it’s become the new foodie frontier for the hip, savvy and hungry.
The charm of the city’s walkable neighborhoods showcases some of the most sought-out locales for emerging and established chefs. Many eateries offer alfresco dining—or even romantic rooftop retreats—where diners can savor the temperate Southern California climate alongside some of the region’s most tantalizing cuisine.
Learn about local media resources, pre-promotion, and social media support available.
LOGISTICAL INFORMATION & MAPS
Pasadena is easy to get to, and easy to get around. Four airports provide for convenient flights in and out: Bob Hope Airport in Burbank (BUR) is just 15 miles away. Los Angeles (LAX) is just 30 miles away. Ontario and Long Beach Airports are about an hour’s drive. Upon arrival, you will quickly see and feel why Pasadena is convenient. Unlike other major cities, you do not need to rent a car or grab a taxi to get around; here, you can walk, take a bus or train, or ride a bike day or night.
Help yourself to any of the maps to use in your event promotions and communications.
Free “Explore Pasadena” Smart Phone App to help your visitors plan their trip to Pasadena. Restaurants, museums, entertainment, shopping, gardens, movies, performing arts, architectural tours, sports, popular filming locations, events and much more are all at your fingertips! Available on iTunes and Google Play.
We’re happy to recommend several professional staffing agencies to fulfill your registration assistance needs. In addition a staffed visitor’s center is available on site Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for your attendees.
Arrange an invitation or welcome letter from a Pasadena official or community member.
Depending on the size and scope of your event, applications must be received anywhere from 6 weeks to 9 months prior to your event day. Submission of an inquiry sheet does not confirm approval of your event request. For a first-time event, you may be asked to provide an event proposal detailing aspects of the event including, but not limited to: location, event logistics, experience, target audience, marketing and promotion plan, etc.
Economic Development Large-scale events that bring visitors to the City and promote Pasadena as a tourist destination are managed by the Economic Development Division. (Examples include: Tournament of Roses Post Parade, Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon, Make Music Pasadena, Concourso Ferrari, & the Doo Dah Parade).
Human Services & Recreation Events that are more local in nature and geared towards a particular constituency are coordinated by the Human Services & Recreation Department. (Examples include: 5k’s, cultural festivals, church picnics, and non-profit fundraisers).
Special Events Coordinator
City Hall Private Events
Public Works Department Weddings and private events at City Hall in the courtyard and rotunda are coordinated by the Public Works Department. (Do not submit an inquiry sheet. Please email or call the Public Works contact listed below)